The Wisconsin National Life Insurance Company of Oshkosh was formed in 1908, when a group of young men pooled their resources to start a new insurance company. This was first legal reserve stock life insurance company to be incorporated in the State of Wisconsin. The first office was at 83 Monument Square. The second office building, at 14-20 Washington Blvd., was occupied in 1911 and served the firm until 1927, when this building was finished at 77 Washington Blvd. It was built in the Neoclassical Revival style and features large pillars, pilasters, decorative entablature, and stone surface.