The Oshkosh Mutual Loan and Building Society on March 13, 1886. It was chartered by the state on April 8, 1886, with authorized capital of $500,000. The founding members were: E. E. Stevens, Ansel Jones, Ossian Cook, James B. McLaren & Samuel P. Gary (1831-1891).
The original location for the business was at 130 Main St. The name was changed to the Oshkosh Building & Loan in 1925. The second location was on the site the old post office site and purchased in 1945. The “new” building was started in fall of 1951 and opened on October 1, 1951.
The building was built by Precour Construction Company and is located at 16 Washington Avenue. SC 5/29