The Orville Beach Manual Training School was built on the Beach family property after the land and some money was donated for the construction. The school was designed by William Waters and built by Oshkosh contractor August Pitz in 1911-1912. The current address is 240 Algoma Boulevard and is used for commercial office space.
Orville Beach (1826-1903) was a successful local businessman who was involved in several lumber mills as well as one of the founders of the Oshkosh and Mississippi Railroad, investor and director in four local banks, and substantial property owner. He served several terms on the county board and city council.
*A William Waters Design