H.F. Wenrich was born in Indiana in 1867. He graduated from high school, not common at the time, before apprenticing to become a marble and granite cutter. He moved to Oshkosh in 1894, and was located at 284-286 Main until the construction of this building, then numbered 258-262 Main in 1902.
The building is brick, and the marble front was added at a later date. In addition to cemetery markers, Wenrich designed and cut the base of the George Washington monument near Menominee Park in Oshkosh. The pedestal is of rose colored granite from Salisbury, North Carolina. In 1922 the business was sold to F. W. Suszycki.
Wenrich retired to Los Angeles where he died in 1946. By that time, the building had become a restaurant, the Town Grill. In the 1960s through 1990s, it was well-known and much loved as the home of Jess and Nick’s Pizza.