The Frontenac Flats were an undertaking of Dr. George Steele and Edwin L. Wickwire with J. T. Raycraft as builder. The plans were drawn by William Waters in 1897 and much press was given to the building over the course of construction. The flats were to occupy a space 120′ x 120′ at the corner of High and Bond Sts. and was to be built of red pressed brick, two stories high with red terra cotta trim just below the cornice. Rumors of a third story were put to rest by Dr. Steele shortly after work commenced. As laid out by Architect Waters the building was to hold sixteen flats, twelve to front on High St. and four to front on Bond St; however, the final number of flats was fourteen. The building was ready for occupancy about a year after started and still stands.
The first ad for tenants appeared in the Daily Northwestern August 31, 1898.
*A William Waters Design