Designed by E.E. Stevens in 1900 for Frank Percey. Percey came from England to Oshkosh in 1870, and soon opened a fur and gun store. By 1878, he was successful enough to ship 137,476 furs to London. He was a dealer in bear, beaver, raccoon, fox, otter, marten, fisher, mink and lynx pelts. His business prospered, and he was sufficiently respected that trappers often simply shipped furs to him, trusting that they would receive a fair payment. He frequently traveled back to England and elsewhere in Europe to connect with furriers there. In 1900 he built the first section of the building at 229 Main St., with an addition in 1908.