Fluor Brothers Construction Company was started in 1870 by Rudolph, John, and Casper Fluor. The brothers emigrated from Switzerland and settled in Oshkosh around 1867. They were carpenters by trade and built a few of the first industrial factories in Oshkosh. Casper retired from the business, and Simon moved to California in 1911 and started his own company which thrives today. Rudolph along with his sons, Casper and Walter, continued to operate the family business. The company was passed along to a few more members of the Fluor family before being operated outside of the family. In 2010 Fluor Brothers shut down after 140 years of business in Oshkosh.
Fluor Brothers were contracted for many different projects in the area, as well as out of state. The Wisconsin National Life Insurance building, Mercy Hospital, chapels at Riverside Cemetery, buildings at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Kimberly-Clark, Theda Clark Hospital. These and countless other homes, public, and industrial structures are just a few of the many local projects this family-owned business accomplished over the years.