Peter Charbonneau was born in the province of Quebec in 1836. He came to Oshkosh in 1859 and set up his own blacksmith shop in 1862. His first shop was near the corner of South Main and Eighth Street. In 1877 he built this new shop. He retired in the mid-1890s, and was succeeded in
The Grove Manufacturing Co. was organized in July 1895 by Frank E. Grove, J. Howard Jenkins, and James Clark. Jenkins and Clark bought out Grove and the company name was changed to the Oshkosh Clothing and Manufacturing Co. in December 1896; that same year, the plant was organized by the United Garment Workers. The company
The Chicago & Northwestern depot is situated along Broad street between Washington and Merritt. The location actually required that part of Broad Street to be made less broad, but in return the C & NW pledged to build a sideway on the east side of Broad St. and contribute to the care of the street.
H.F. Wenrich was born in Indiana in 1867. He graduated from high school, not common at the time, before apprenticing to become a marble and granite cutter. He moved to Oshkosh in 1894, and was located at 284-286 Main until the construction of this building, then numbered 258-262 Main in 1902. The building is brick,